Bachelor of Engineering Program in Computer Engineering (B.Eng.)
The Bachelor in Computer Engineering program requires students to register for at least a total of 128 credits. These include 31 credits of general education courses, 91 credits of required specialization courses, and 6 credits of elective courses. The main objective of all courses is to provide the students with fundamentals in computer technology and prepare them to become good researchers, knowledgeable engineers suited for industry, or entrepreneurs. As juniors during the summer of the 3rd year, students will receive practical training in the industry or private companies for at least 6 weeks. In the final year, every student will take on a research project by choosing an appropriate topic of interest.
- To produce graduates in Computer Engineering who possess the following five personal characteristics: engages in self – directed life – long learning, thinks creatively, interacts effectively with other people, engages in practical activities to solve real-world problems, acts ethically and morally in personal and professional situations.
- To produce computer engineers who are knowledgeable about hardware and software computer architectures and who can apply computer engineering technology to problems in industry. Our graduates will meet the expected high demand for computer engineers in the private and government sectors.
- To promote research and development along with the appropriate technology transfer from other countries.
- To provide Computer Engineering consulting services in Thailand focusing on R&D projects in using computers to improve industrial productivity.
- To cultivate a culture of life – long, self – directed learning among our students.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
The Computer Engineering Department has specified program learning outcomes (PLOs) in accordance with the program objectives listed above and in response to the vision of the University and the Faculty of Engineering. The development of PLOs has considered the needs of key stakeholder groups including employers in government and private sectors, alumni, current students, department staff and university executives. The PLOs for the bachelor of engineering program, Thai sections, are as follows :
- Able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering principles.
- Able to systematically analyze and solve mathematical, scientific and engineering problems.
- Able to systematically apply fundamental knowledge in designing and developing computer – based systems on various contemporary computing platforms.
- Able to integrate knowledge and appropriate skills to maintain computer – based systems on various contemporary computing platforms.
- Able to design, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot networked computer and virtualized systems.
- Able to appropriately design networked computer and virtualized systems.
- Able to set up networked computer and virtualized systems.
- Able to use advanced tools to maintain and troubleshoot networked computer and virtualized systems.
- Able to evaluate and use engineering techniques, skills and tools necessary for computer engineering profession.
- Able to apply theoretical knowledge to solve problems that arise during a computer career.
- Able to analyze problems in order to identify appropriate mathematical, scientific, engineering and technological knowledge needed to creatively solve those problems.
- Able to evaluate tasks in related fields in an appropriate way.
- Able to act in a professional and ethical manner in the workplace.
- Be self – disciplined, punctual and responsible to oneself and to the community.
- Conform to rules and regulations of the organization and the community.
- Be honest and dedicated to upholding the codes of morality and ethics.
- Independently acquire information, knowledge, and skills from appropriate sources that are necessary to complete work or undertake responsibilities in unfamiliar areas.
- Able to compile, investigate, analyze and finalize problem issues and requirements.
- Able to find and synthesize new knowledge and engage in a life – long learning.
- Able to apply what has been learned to accomplish challenging tasks.
- Able to incorporate relevant contemporary issues in social, environmental, and ethical issues into the design and decision – making process.
- Able to analyze and assess the impact of technological decisions on society and environment.
- Have awareness of and a positive attitude towards society and environment.
- Be imaginative and have careful consideration.
- Discharge one’s duties in working with multi – profession team.
- Be responsible for one’s duties and assignments.
- Be generous and friendly in the workplace.
- Have leadership skill and behave properly in accordance with roles and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively through written reports, documents, and oral presentations for both technical and non – technical audiences.
- Able to communicate effectively through written reports, documents, and oral presentations for both technical and non – technical audiences.
- Able to use information and advanced communication technology properly and efficiently.
- Have the computer skill necessary to perform any task related to profession.
- Able to design and implement computerized systems, including embedded, controlled systems, and computer interfaces.
- Able to apply computer knowledge in embedded system, control system and interfaces to design integrated computer systems.
- Able to analyze and solve any problem on computer, embedded, control system and interfaces.
- Able to utilize engineering tools to maintain computer hardware and software.
- General Education 31 credits
- Specific course 90 credits
- Core course 30 credit
- Specific course 48 credits
- Technical Elective and Computer Professional courses 12 credits
- Elective courses 6 credits
- * Total =127 credits
The degree is four-year program.
Students are expected to complete in 4 years, but must complete in at most 8 years.
PROGRAM TUITION AND FEES
- The regular program has a tuition fee of about 21,000 Baht per semester for unlimited credits or about 42,000 per academic year.
- The Registration fee is 1,500 Baht per credit for the summer session.
- Total expense for the four-year program is approximately 168,000 Baht
- The tuition and fees are subject to change every year, so please follow the university’s announcements on the most recent tuition and fees.